Harley-Davidson, Inc., is American motorcycle manufacturer that was founded in 1903 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was one of two significant American bike producers to endure Extraordinary Sadness, alongside Indian. And item quality and serious global competition to become one of largest motorcycle manufacturers in the world.
Iconic brand known widely for loyal following.
Proprietor occasions and clubs are there worldwide alongside brand-centered, organization supported galleries.
Background of Harley Davidson:
- Name of company: Harley Davidson
- Year of Formation: 1903
- CEO: Matthew Levatich
- Annual revenue: $5.647 billion
- Countries in which it operate: Worldwide
- Net operating cost: $522 million
- Ad Expenditure: $ 9.973 billion
According to Ana, a senior consultant at Assignment- “In 1901, William S. Harley drew up plans for a little motor with removal of 7. 07 cubic inches flywheels intended for use in ordinary pedal-bike outline”.
Over the next two years, he and his companion Arthur Davidson chipped away at the engine bike by using \north-side Milwaukee machine shop at the home of friend Henry Melk. This was finished in 1903.
After testing the force cycle, Harley and Davidson siblings discovered this unfit in climbing slopes around Milwaukee without the pedal help.
Three began chipping away at the improved and new machine with a motor of 24.74 cubic inches flywheels.
Its advanced loop-frame pattern was the same as the 1903 Milwaukee Merkel motorcycle. Bigger engine design took this out of the motorized bicycle category.
Main competitors of Harley Davidson
• Royal Enfield
- Harley Davidson changed itself as clique brand and situated itself in specialty portion of High CC cruiser bikes.
- Harley has characteristic rallies of “Harley Owners Group” on a continuous basis that involves Harley owners from different parts of the country in interacting & experiencing different lifestyles.
- Over 65% of income is originating from the U.S market. The U.S market has its own constraint regarding development.
- Relying on Limited Suppliers could affect the business of the company in the long run. As in case of increase in Input cost would lead in increasing of operational cost that would affect cost of the commodities resulting in capacity constraints.
- Demand in developing Asian nations is increasing for Harley and there are very many players competing in such segments.
- With its own set of cult followers, this could attract young customers for whom this could launch low end heavyweight vehicles that would help the company in increasing Customer base.
- Being market myopic could affect Harley brand.
- With more organizations in heavyweight segment going global such substitutes with
Saizan is a student counselor and an active blogger. He shares guidelines in his blog posts regarding case study. Currently, Saizan is associated with https://bestplacetoliveinus.com/. This helps the students to pick the best service.